Webby Handheld Devices Categories
Walmart App for iPhone
- The Walmart App for iPhone is currently rated 4.5 stars.
- Walmart was the first retailer to launch Store Mode capabilities that enhance the retail shopping experience for customers through dynamic shopping tools including barcode scanning, shopping lists, & local ad browsing.
Walmart for Android
- The Walmart App for Android is currently rated 4 stars.
- Customers can access key tools to help them locate their nearest store, scan QR codes and browser their local ad.
Walmart Mobile Website
- Walmart’s mobile website is fast and easy to use with key homepage features like a search box and daily promotional items browse from.
Walmart Store Connect
- Walmart is piloting a store mapping technology in select locations that allows customers to search for items and view their physical location in stores via virtual in store maps.
WALMART MOBILE HIGHLIGHTS
SHOPPING & LIFESTYLE
Today, your most personal device is your phone. Not only do you always have it with you, it is also location-aware and always connected. All this helps a retailer like Walmart establish relationships with customers in personal ways that were not possible before.
At Walmart, our goals of redefining the future of shopping and improving the lives of customers are embodied by our tagline: Save Money. Live Better. To accomplish this, Walmart created @WalmartLabs as its technology hub in Silicon Valley with the mission of improving every part of a consumer’s journey from finding the nearest store, to deciding to go into the store, and coming out with a product. We believe our mobile products can have an enormous impact on every part of the shopping experience and the lifestyles of 140 million customers that enter Walmart stores every week and online. Here are few examples of how we are making an impact:
STORE MODE ON IPHONE
Walmart was the first retailer to introduce Store Mode on iPhone, which provides convenient tools to enhance the shopping experience at your local store.
- Integrated Technology: Our mobile app uses geolocation and geofencing technology to detect when customers enter a Walmart store and automatically prompts users to use Store Mode.
- Adoption: Over 60% of customers activate Store Mode, which allows iPhone customers to:
- Check prices by scanning barcodes
- Plan and budget better with shopping lists and digital coupons
- Scan QR codes to see extended assortment online
- View their local ad for the latest discounts
SCAN & GO ON IPHONE (MOBILE SELF CHECK OUT)
Tired of waiting in line? Walmart is launching a new Scan & Go service this November in a subset of our stores.
- On-the-go: Scan & Go users save time by scanning store items with their iPhone and bagging them while they shop.
- Saves Time: Scan & Go eliminates the need to wait in line for standard checkout. Simply head to a self check out lane, transfer your basket wirelessly and complete your payment.
ENDLESS AISLE ON IPHONE
Launching a second phase this winter (first phase was this past summer), Endless Aisle uses QR codes in stores to connect mobile customers with broader assortment available online.
- More Choice for customers: Store shoppers can discover more items than those available at their local store by scanning QR codes through Walmart’s iOS and Android mobile apps.
SMART SHOPPING LISTS ON IPHONE
Last November, we launched smart Shopping Lists on iPhone which is loaded with features that help iPhone customers shop and save money. This is not your typical shopping list. We took the unique capabililities of a mobile phone and applied them to create this innovative experience.
Easy Input: Add items to shopping list by speaking, typing, scanning bar codes, or selecting commonly purchased items from your basket history
Intelligent Voice Search: Walmart also pioneered a new patentable method to parse out voice searches to determine the proper item(s). Our technology allows users to distinguish multiple items and determine that “peanut butter” is a spread and not “peanuts” and “butter”.
Budgeting tools: Calculate total price in real-time as specific items are added to the list
Manufacturer’s coupons: Save money by viewing applicable manufacturer coupons for products carried in local Walmart stores.
ELECTRONIC RECEIPTS ON IPHONE
Starting this November, Scan & Go customers will receive electronic receipts through the Walmart iPhone app.
Sustainability: By providing a digital copy of print receipts, Walmart reinforces its commitment to environmental sustainability by reducing dependence on paper receipts.
Access to Purchases: Customers can easily access their purchase information and add favorite items to their mobile shopping list.
Budgeting Tools: Over time, customers can access all their eReceipts in one place, review their purchase history, and use the information to help manage budgets.
WALMART APP ON ANDROID
- Customer Satisfaction: The Walmart’s App for Android is simple, intuitive and easy to use. Our customers have ranked the current version 4 stars.
- Easy to navigate: Customers can access key tools through a simple drop down menu:
- Locate your nearest store
- View the Local Ad
- Browse the Value of the Day
- Track orders
- Scan QR codes
- Find Stores & Services: Customers can locate their nearest store using GPS location and also filter by available services to find the appropriate store
- Rich Product Details: Android users can get access to relevant product details such as local store availability, pricing, product images, and customer reviews.
WALMART MOBILE WEBSITE
We built a fully mobile optimized website where customers can search, browse by department, view Rollbacks, search their local ad and check out with only 2 clicks.
- Find what you need…FASTER: Our HTML5 mobile website applies advanced technologies like CSS3, local storage and CORS to create a fast and engaging customer experience for mobile shopping.
WALMART STORE CONNECT WEBSITE
At @WalmartLabs, we push traditional boundaries by experimenting with and building new experiences that help mobile shoppers.
Store Maps: We are currently operating a pilot technology in select locations that features store maps and provides pricing, aisle location and product information. In store mapping provides even more relevant information for customers and saves time by helping to find store items faster.
Over the past year, Walmart has received multiple industry awards including: (1) the 2012 Mobile Excellence Award for Best Retail / Commerce for Mobile and (2) Best Retail Mobile Website (Ranked #1 out of 300) by Acquity Group.
Even with 4+ star ratings on the current versions of our apps in iOS and Android, Walmart’s ability to provide the best handheld mobile shopping experience is best illustrated by our customers’ reviews:
“Great experience each time I use this app, moves through each step without any hassle, love the new look and set up as well.”
“Makes shopping so easy and convenient.”
“This app has saved [me] SO much time and money.”
“Great shopping app…Very helpful inside and outside of the store.”
“The update made this app awesome and I love the function of it.”
“The newest update is very nice. I like the option to add custom things for your shopping list. Now I can delete all other shopping apps!”
“Easy to use; I love the ability to scan items directly to a list within the app”
“[I really like] being able to look at coupons and make a list! Excellent and easy to use!”
“I will be using this app ALL the time.”
“A lot of thought has gone into creating this app. Very easy to use!”